Monday, October 19, 2009

Meet the Family Nerd

Welcome to our little corner of the Blogoverse, dear readers! From this day forward I will regail you with the tales of wonder and horror that result when nerds meet, court, marry, and procreate. I'm the Nerd Mama, and I will be the main (if not sole) author. My husband and I met as students, and we have been happily married for two years. Among other things we have bonded over a nerdy love of things like anime, Star Wars, graphic novels and video games. Now we're getting ready to bring the next generation of nerddom into the world.

I'm also a collector of Asian dolls, an amateur artist, a writer and a lover of all things crafty. Don't be shocked to find me showing off a few handmade creations here and there. I'm looking forward to showing off a small arsenal of baby gadgets and I'll make sure to let you know how the offspring responds.

Hubby, 1337 D4ddy, is a computer builder and overclocker as well as a general tech geek- hence his use of numbers as letters. His video game skills far outrank my own, and on the rare occasion we can get the D&D group together he's our DM. He's currently in school to become a Nerd Herder (aka Speech and Debate coach).

The offspring hasn't arrived yet, she's due in a month, so we're not sure what areas of nerdity will appeal to her. She does have the strange habit of kicking quite a bit when 1337 D4ddy and his friends are talking computers, but we can't make any assumptions yet!

There is one more inhabitant that will never forgive me if I didn't include him- we're the proud keepers (I don't dare say owners) of a Bearded Dragon named Loki, a creature full of attitude and the least nerdy inhabitant of the house. Still, who but a nerd couple would so proudly announce that they have a pet dragon?

So if you're ready to see what happens when nerds have babies, stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment